Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rally at the Capitol


What a turnout! It was about 30 degrees outside and snow was falling midway through the rally. It's very rare that I enjoy being wrong but this is one of those occasions. The only effect the weather had on the rally was a positive one. The snow and cold amplified every participants passion, I thought the opposite, I was happy to be proven wrong. 

When the first bus pulled up it was full and that was a good sign. As the time went on more and more people showed up from every direction. Every time I would look around I would see dedicated supporters of tax cuts , carrying signs, playing drums and pouring from every corner of the Capitol. I met a lot of people and saw the true grit of a person when they believe in something. It started with some music, classic rock songs from the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Paul McCartney and Bread. There were tents with information and access to emailing your local politician to voice your concern over tax increases. I thought the speakers did a great job and we had a great group that represented everything from U.S. House Members, State House Member, Candidates and Local Groups. I was really proud to be a part of this rally. The speakers had a lot of energy and the crowd was even louder. Next year should be even better, not to look ahead because everyone who participated in this years rally had a lot to be proud of.


No comments: