Monday, March 31, 2008

Back to Basics

For the dedicated followers of Talk That Talk, all three of you, I apologize for how lazy I've been. I also apologize for my last post being a rant about the Shaq trade to the Phoenix Suns. Talking with some people who believe in my goal I think now is the time to really get something going. That something is the Elephonkey party. It's time for young adults to take control of their political views. Not the views their parents taught them, not the views their teachers taught them. It's time to develop your own political views from your everyday life.  I believe in less taxes because I just visited the taxman this year and it wasn't pretty. I got a great rebate but I also saw how much they took. I thought to myself if they're taking that much from Sarah and me, who don't make that much, how much are they taking from other people and the rich? And if they're getting that much money why is everything, for lack of a better, word going to shit? I believe that the government should stay out of people's personal lives. Who's business is it if some dude is sleeping with some other dude? Who cares if the woman down the street is really into to the waitress at her favorite restaurant. Who cares? Apparently a bunch of politicians that feel entitled to running everyone's life. I'm willing to put down the small amount of money I have left from my tax return that most politicians have some pretty dysfunctional families. Anyone want that action? Just pay now to make it easier. 

I believe that we live in a world where no one will take responsibility for their own mistakes. That's a sweeping generalization, because I know that anyone who believes in the Elephonkey Movement believes in owning up to their mistakes and their bad decisions. Before I end up rambling on forever now is the time to gather your thoughts, sit down and really think about the candidates. Whether it's House Senate, U.S. Senate or all the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. One party may say something you want to hear, but there is also something that may frustrate you as well coming from that party. The Elephonkey Movement is about change. You may recognize that slogan "change". Change comes from us, the people. Not a politician that says they can bring it. Let's make our own change. Let's send a message to the politicians that enough is enough. I myself will vote for a party that will not win. I will lend my support to the Libertarians, maybe the Green party or I'll write one in. The Elephonkey Movement needs to take the best of both sides. But that can't start by constantly putting someone from one side of the aisle or the other back in power. 

No comments: