Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shaq Attaq

Kind of an odd transition to post about third party politics then take a quick turn to NBA Basketball, but hey it's my blog and I guess I can do what I want with it. As I'm writing this, none of the trade speculation is official. If the rumors are true, the Miami Heat might be the smartest basketball team on the planet. Rumor mills are working overtime the past couple days with speculation of a trade between the Heat and the Phoenix Suns. The Heat will send one of the 10 best people to ever play basketball, Shaquille O'Neal to the Suns. The Suns will send All-Star Shawn Marion and Guard Marcus Banks to the Heat. The reason I feel the need to write about this is, talk about a freaking steal for the Heat. The Heat trade a player who is having his worst season of his career and who has an inability to finish a season for two players that will be playing in the NBA a long time. Yes I know that Marcus Banks isn't anything special, we had him on the Wolves, but I'll take him as a backup to "White Chocolate" Jason Williams. Here's my gripe with this trade, Shaq is done, Shaq, I believe is 36 years old. Shaq was one of the greatest players to ever play the game. His size and dominance is unmatched. But that was a long time ago. He is heading to a team that runs up and down the floor. Now the Suns have given up Shawn Marion, a guy that fit great with the offense in Phoenix for an old guy who can't run. The Suns want to make a run in the Western Conference, in my opinion they had a better chance with Marion and Banks then they do with Shaq. This trade was pretty bone-headed. The only other question I have is, when did Kevin McHale become the GM for Phoenix? You know what, that's not fair to Kevin McHale, even he wouldn't make that trade.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As of this writing, the Suns du Shaq are 2-4. Looks like "bonehead" is an accurate description for the trade.

On another note entirely, your BK Blogwatchers have noticed it's been 26 long days since your last post. Tell Jason to produce his own damn show; you need to feed the appetite of your people! :-)