Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Elephonkey or Donkephant?

In my opinion it's time for a third party. Maybe not even a third party but a group of ideas that takes the social awareness of the left and the fiscal responsibility of the right. Democrats/Liberals whatever you want to call them have great ideas when it comes to social views; gay rights, women's right to choose, etc. Conservatives/Republicans whatever you want to call them, have great ideas when it comes to fiscal responsibility; less government, lower taxes, personal responsibility, etc. Unfortunately this magical view doesn't exist. I shouldn't say it doesn't exist, it exists in a lot of the youth of America. People like me and the few people that read this blog I believe/hope think like this. We went to schools that celebrated all religions, all sexualities. Our generation isn't narrow-minded. We understand that there is more to life than making sure gay people don't get married. Our generation has embraced an open mind on social issues which is fantastic. However in my opinion it seems that our generation hasn't embraced personal responsibility. How many 20-somethings still live at home, how many are on their sixth year of college for a four year degree? The direction that politics is heading in is going to be more divisive that it already is in my opinion. When it comes to this Presidential election I can't vote. Not because I'm too young or not registered. Because there isn't a candidate that appeals to what I want. I want more of my money, I want less government interaction. I'm sick of people telling us how to live because the Bible said you should live a certain way. It's time to adapt to the culture of America's youth. There is a lot of us and both sides need to change a lot of things. What this world needs is a Hybrid, and no not the one from Toyota. We need a hybrid political party, we need an Elephonkey or maybe even a Donkephant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN TO THAT B-DOG! I have to agree. All the candidates are disapointing. A hybred party would be amazing.

Anonymous said...

Brenden, you exceed my expectations as a observant writer on contemporary issues. Leading revolutions! Kearin 2032?

feedback said...

I like how your thinking about politics as they pertains to the issue's. F what you herd about all of the parties and drama sounds like your advocating change its all about change. I hear it in the undertones of what your writing about. So use that as your lightning rod for who can shock you political pulse.
VIVA LA REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!